Looking for a reliable and affordable lawn care service in the Pflugerville, Texas area? Look no further than Earth Lawn Care Service! We offer a variety of services, including trimming, yard cutting, mulching, and more. Plus, we have starting rates as low as $35 per yard! So call us today to get started on keeping your lawn looking beautiful!
Here are some tips on how to cut and keep your lawn healthy:
1. Installation of edging along garden beds, walls and fences to cut grass without additional clippings. This prevents grass from growing along flower beds, walls, fences and other obstacles that your mower cannot easily reach. In this way the cutting edges allow the mower to pass over them without cutting separately. A 4-inch-deep edging is suggested to prevent grass roots from creeping under and on top of the edging an inch above the ground to prevent grass from rising above.
2. The importance of mowing the lawn correctly. The correct height to mow the lawn to shade weeds and reduce mowing. Many people cut their grass too short, which weakens it and allows more weeds to grow. It also means that you are cutting more than necessary. Each type of grass has an ideal cutting height. It's about 2-1/2 inches for most cool-season grasses and 1-1/2 to 2 inches for most warm-season grasses. Call us for advice if you're not sure how you're mowing your lawn or you're not sure what type of grass you have.
3. Fertilize your lawn once in the fall and once in the spring, although some prefer to fertilize their lawn in the fall. It will provide nutrients for root growth in the fall and a boost of energy the following spring.
Contact us to advise you on your fertilizer, and if you do not want to have this workload we will do it for you.
We will gladly assist you, schedule your appointment for a quote.
Mulch, clean and more
Here are some tips on how to maintain the mulch:
1. Refresh the color of the mulch, it is necessary to apply a thin layer of fresh mulch to cover the gray mulch. And for this you have to do an analysis and we can advise you.
2. Eliminate weeds, if necessary it is important to apply a pre-emergence herbicide to prevent the germination of weed seeds. Weeding as long as it takes, which can be tedious for you, is our job.
3. Mix and turn your mulch, each season you will want to mix and turn your mulch a couple of times to break up any clumped pieces and make sure it hasn't compacted on top of the soil, you need to use a rake and gloves to do an effective job. It is important to mulch twice a year.